The project carried out in Charleroi is special because it involves the work of a range of partners coordinated in the form of a network.
The HF team was therefore put together for this very purpose, involving different institutions from the network which each deployed one or several workers.
The partner institutions are:
- The pôle hébergement et logement of the CPAS of Charleroi (accommodation and housing centre of the CPAS)
- The service de Soins Psychiatriques à domicile (SPAD) (Service providing psychiatric care in the home)
- The not-for-profit association Comme chez nous
- The Relais Santé of Charleroi
Established experience in insertion through housing
Priority rehousing programmes for people who found themselves homeless during winter months in 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 allowed 25 homeless people to be taken out of the emergency cycle, giving them a positive experience in their accommodation and encouraging them to find stable and long-term housing prospects. The project won the federal prize for combating poverty in 2012.
A team comprising several disciplines and institutions
Boulouaiz Malika: social worker
Danyluk Maroussia: nurse
Dupont Michael: Educator
Vandekerckhove Kathelyne: psychologist
Lorge Vincent: job coach (working first)
Laurent Ciacia: housing catcher
Catherine Depasse: HF support team coordinator
Mobilising the whole of the housing sector
A diverse range of housing options matching the specific needs of the prospective tenants was found, especially thanks to the work of the accommodation finder.
- social housing thanks to the partnership with the Public Social Housing Company La Sambrienne
- private accommodation
- accommodation via the social estate agency
- semi-collective housing via a Protected Habitation Initiative